The 85th Annual Litchfield County 4-H Fair is being held on July 29 and 30 at the Goshen Fairgrounds. This youth-run fair presents the culmination of the projects of youth involved in local 4-H clubs located all around the county. All year long, members attend meetings, clinics, and workshops to learn more about their projects.They work with or on these projects throughout the year, and their hard work and dedication is revealed at this fair. Projects include livestock exhibits, including beef and dairy cattle, swine, horses, sheep, goats, poultry, dogs, rabbits, and reptiles. Members may also present their textile/clothing, crafts, arts, or photography projects, and some also show their food and gardening exhibits as well. Most clubs put together a club exhibit, which has a theme for this year of “4-H in One Word.” On Saturday night, there will be a benefit auction, and on Sunday, an event for our local legislators will be held. Gates are open to the public beginning at 8:30 am both days. Please come to show your support for local youth involved in agriculture! Contact the UConn Extension Litchfield County 4H office at 860-626-6240 for more information. Pictured are scenes from previous 4-H Fairs.
- Hawk Ridge Winery in Watertown expands its venue, services
- Noted jazz musicians to perform at Torrington Historical Society
- Jo Ann Jaacks: Being hooked on travel can be a blast
- Torrington farm rescues wayward Pot Bellies, has history of pitbull rescue
- Kuss Farm in Bethlehem preserves 61 acres with Connecticut Farmland Trust
- Robert Miller: Hey CT, here’s how to catch Comet NEOWISE before it’s gone
- Historic bed and breakfasts in high demand in Litchfield County
- Jo Ann Jaacks: Bears and battles in Pennsylvania
- Little Free Library at StoneHill, in Morris, puts puts the fun in fundraiser
- CT’s coronavirus transmission rate tops important threshold
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.