The 85th Annual Litchfield County 4-H Fair is being held on July 29 and 30 at the Goshen Fairgrounds. This youth-run fair presents the culmination of the projects of youth involved in local 4-H clubs located all around the county. All year long, members attend meetings, clinics, and workshops to learn more about their projects.They work with or on these projects throughout the year, and their hard work and dedication is revealed at this fair. Projects include livestock exhibits, including beef and dairy cattle, swine, horses, sheep, goats, poultry, dogs, rabbits, and reptiles. Members may also present their textile/clothing, crafts, arts, or photography projects, and some also show their food and gardening exhibits as well. Most clubs put together a club exhibit, which has a theme for this year of “4-H in One Word.” On Saturday night, there will be a benefit auction, and on Sunday, an event for our local legislators will be held. Gates are open to the public beginning at 8:30 am both days. Please come to show your support for local youth involved in agriculture! Contact the UConn Extension Litchfield County 4H office at 860-626-6240 for more information. Pictured are scenes from previous 4-H Fairs.
- Eye on History: Remnants of Camp Columbia still stand
- Pleasant Valley Drive-in still going strong after 73 years
- What’s up with CT drive-in theaters during the coronavirus pandemic?
- Real estate sales booming despite COVID-19 ravaging economy
- Nutmeg’s Marjorie Dante turns 100; friends wish her well
- State: Connecticut’s Class of 2019 had best on-time graduation rate in a decade
- Morris author publishes his first, a memoir of the Camino de Santiago
- Robert Miller: Turtles are on the (slow) move again
- Stephen Fries: Canned fish can make a comeback with these recipes
- Washington’s ASAP! goes virtual with creativity inspiring videos
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.