(BPT) - As the saying goes, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” and the month of February is National Hot Breakfast Month, a month-long celebration dedicated to elevating the importance of a hot breakfast. Breakfast is especially important for our K-12 students, and has key benefits in supporting their learning, information retention and energy to keep them focused during the school day. Yet, a breakfast filled with sugar and fats won’t do — a breakfast packed with lean protein and fiber is key to our students starting the day and reaping the benefits that breakfast has to offer. The below infographic lays out the key benefits of student breakfast in honor of National Hot Breakfast Month.
- New Burrville firefighter facility debuts on old footprint
- Bohemian Pizza celebrates its 20th, stays quirky and tasty
- Friendly Hands Food Bank in Torrington benefits from ‘Burns Night’ event
- Litchfield County sees nearly 49 percent drop in ‘potentially preventable’ cancer deaths
- Autopsies at Yale New Haven Hospital find cause of death in genes
- Entrepreneur hopes to revive Hunt Hill Farm in New Milford
- Bantam Cinema to present award winning plays, film
- Winsted’s Friends of Main Street host Bubbles and Truffles fundraiser
- Backyard Bird Count makes citizen scientists out of bird peepers
- ‘Traces of the Trade’ to be shown at St. Michael’s, Litchfield
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.